To continue to have parents and community members be informed and supportive of the dual language education program, and to see it and communicate it to their peers as a program that will benefit to all students, not just English Learners.
Parents and community are key in growing and sustaining a dual language education program. Being able to continue engaging them and developing a partnership in support of the program as it grows will be extremely critical.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with parents of students in dual language education program to address their questions and concerns and provide education opportunities
- Dual language education program design
- Second language acquisition
- Cooperative learning
- Provide regular parent education opportunities
- English as a second language classes for parents of English Learners
- Target language as a second language classes for parents of English-only students
- Facilitate formal and informal dual language education program celebrations to showcase student work in two languages and to encourage parent interaction across languages and cultures