Dual Language SchoolsContinue to Inform Parents and Community
To continue to have parents and community members be informed and supportive of the dual language education program, and to see it and communicate it to their peers as a program that will benefit to all students, not just English Learners.
Parents and community are key in growing and sustaining a dual language education program. Being able to continue engaging them and developing a partnership in support of the program as it grows will be extremely critical.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with parents of students in dual language education program to address their questions and concerns and provide education opportunities
- Dual language education program design
- Second language acquisition
- Cooperative learning
- Provide regular parent education opportunities
- English as a second language classes for parents of English Learners
- Target language as a second language classes for parents of English-only students
- Facilitate formal and informal dual language education program celebrations to showcase student work in two languages and to encourage parent interaction across languages and cultures