Keep the information on the dual language education program current. Join the dual language education professional community. Disseminate program information at the local, state, and national level. Welcome stakeholder groups to the site to see first-hand the program as it enacted in classrooms. Continue to seek new students to enroll and teachers to teach in the program to sustain it in perpetuity.
An ongoing, strong public relations campaign is a critical component to support success and sustainability. As district and site administrators and staff become more knowledgeable about dual language education, their ability to support the strengthening and improvement of the program increases. The program also needs a lot of positive public relations opportunities to get the message about its benefits and to draw more students to the program to support recruitment to sustain it.
Update Program Information
- Update and disseminate program brochure and informational materials
- Update program information on district and site webpages
Join the Dual Language Education Community
- Join and participate in professional organizations that focus on dual language education
- Create an account here on DualLanguageschools.org and join the dual language discussion
- Join us on Facebook to be uptodate with the dual language community
Disseminate Program Information Widely
- Present on the program at local, state, and national conferences
Showcase Program to Community
- Invite school and community stakeholder groups to visit the dual language education program classes
- School board
- District administrators and staff
- Site staff (certificated and classified)
- Local, state, and federal elected officials
- Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations
- Local newspapers/media outlets
- Continue to seek new students to enroll and teachers to teach in the program to sustain it in perpetuity.
- Monitor dual language education program enrollment for each upcoming year to assure a minimum of 33% of each language group in each class