Middle School DLI Spanish Teacher
Website All Souls World Language Catholic School
Middle School Spanish Teacher
2023 – 2024
All Souls is the only two-track (Mandarin/English and Spanish/English) dual-language immersion Catholic school in the United States. We are seeking a dynamic Spanish teacher to teach two grades in our 50/50 middle school program for the 2023-2024 school year.
Candidates should have a demonstrated record of success working with elementary students and be a team player, as the teacher will need to work closely with the 5th-8th teacher team. Passion for curriculum development and assessment is a must.
The well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring educator will be expected to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate yet rigorous academic curriculum in line with the Common Core and Archdiocesan standards. Importantly, this position demands an educator who is skilled in differentiation, can clearly articulate and hold high expectations for all, and who has strong classroom management skills.
The teacher will be expected to:
● Conduct 98-100% of instruction in Spanish.
● Teach grade level content (Spanish Language Arts, Social Studies, and Religion) in Spanish
● Structure activities in the classroom to encourage students to engage in both language input and output, to facilitate oral language production and comprehension.
● Avoid any use of translation to facilitate comprehension; rather, the teacher shall use context clues, manipulatives, visuals, and student-centered instruction to facilitate comprehension.
● Be a Practicing Catholic
While not required, the most competitive candidates will possess or be working on the following:
● CA teaching credential and/or Master’s in Education
● ESL/Bilingual endorsement
● Significant training in literacy development
● Experience teaching in a dual immersion program
● Understanding of dual immersion programming and research
If you see yourself as an ambassador for dual language learning in a Catholic setting, are interested in networking with dual language Catholic educators across the nation, and are enthusiastic about culturally responsive, global education, please apply today. Please send a cover letter explaining your particular interest and suitability for this position as well as a resume.
29 S. Electric Ave. Alhambra, CA 91801 (626) 282-5695 www.allsoulsla.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year