1st Grade/Dual Language Spanish Immersion Elementary Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year at Haydon Elementary School
Description: 1st Grade/Dual Language Spanish Immersion Elementary Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year at Haydon Elementary School
Job Summary: To aid each student, consistent with his or her abilities and education needs to:
1. develop competence in the basic learning skills;
2. progress on the basis of achievement;
3. qualify for further education and/or employment;
4. develop ethical standards of behavior and participate in society as a responsible family member and citizen;
5. develop a positive and realistic concept of self and others.
- Must have met the Virginia Department of Education requirements to hold or be eligible to hold a Virginia Teaching License with an endorsement in Early/Primary education or Elementary education. .
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous Dual Language Immersion experience is preferred.
- Have an understanding of culture history and Spanish speaking people and countries.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood education.
2016-2017 Approved Salary: BA 01 $46,078 MA 01 $51,578
2017-2018 Salaries pending approval.
Please visit www.mcpsva.org to view job description and complete an application.
Candidates with ESOL certification, as well as Gifted Education or Special Education certification and/or foreign language fluency, are encouraged to apply.
Manassas City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, color, race, age, religion, disabilities, national origin, or veteran's status in employment or in its educational programs and activities.