Redlands Christian Migrant Association is helping lead the way in educating children of migrant farm workers and other underserved rural families. From three modest child-care centers with 75 children in 1965, RCMA now serves nearly 7,000 children in more than 68 early childhood centers and three charter schools throughout Florida.
RCMA’s comprehensive educational programs support academic, social- emotional, and physical development. We believe all students come with innate gifts and unique abilities, including a rich language and cultural heritage. Our programs build on these strengths and help students succeed at the highest level by employing effective and dedicated teachers, a balanced bilingualism, biliteracy, and biculture curriculum rich in the arts, and a safe and nurturing environment where diversity is embraced and all are respected and valued.
The school’s academic programs support student growth by incorporating meaningful experiences and activities that build knowledge and understanding of self, community, and a broader world. Our teachers understand the importance of collaboration, continued learning, and we invite you to join us in our work in providing our communities with educational equity through transformational academic programs that are helping to close the achievement gap for all of our students.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES RCMA Charter school teachers are more than instructional staff members and classroom managers. They help transform children’s lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future! We are seeking teachers who will make the commitment to teach with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying the essential qualities of the RCMA mission of opening doors of opportunities for our students. Our teachers should bring:
• Past experiences and actions reflecting a commitment to the RCMA mission, vision, and core values
• Passion, commitment, and exemplary work ethic to build and sustain educational excellence in a rural environment
• Work in schools that demonstrate the relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
• Ability to reflect, adapt, and contribute as well as a curiosity
• Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative.
• Belief in the power of collaboration and working to build a collaborative culture with the community, staff, families and students.
• Support students in growth and achievement to realize their best academic potential in the areas of language, literacy, math, social studies, science, and the arts, through classroom instruction utilizing approved standards, curricula and instructional strategies.
• Establish rapport with students and parents. Communicate student progress effectively with parents so as to facilitate meaningful two-way communication and ongoing partnership.
• Establish classroom routines and procedures. To formulate pupil behavior standards in the classroom, identify causes of inappropriate behavior and work to correct it utilizing available resources and strategies.
• Plan and implement differentiated lessons and learning activities to support all students.
• Monitor student learning through learning goal setting, conferencing, and data collection and analysis. Be adept at both assessment for and of learning.
• Maintain class records
• Assist in assessing student entry level, develop and implement Student Achievement Plans, including short and long-term goals.
• Work as a team to develop curricula, learning and teaching strategies, discipline policy and resource identification.
• Attend parent conferences, field trips, school open houses, home visits, and school events during the school year.
• Carry out other duties as assigned.
Applicants must hold a valid FL Teaching Certificate in Elementary/Secondary Education, or be eligible for a FL Teaching Certificate. If the applicant holds a Temporary Certificate, proof of passing scores on all sections of the General Knowledge test must be provided. The ESOL Endorsement and/or a Reading Endorsement is preferred, but not required.
Applicants Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
RCMA offers its teachers a competitive salary and a full benefits plan.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org