The Sandoval Academy of Bilingual Education (SABE) in Rio Rancho, NM is seeking a Kindergarten and Second Grade Teacher. Bilingual endorsement is required per our charter contract.
We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade public charter school located at 4321 Fulcrum Way NE, Suite A, Rio Rancho, NM 87144. Each year, SABE adds one grade level each year until reaching 8th grade. During the 2018-2019 school year, we will serve students in Kindergarten through sixth grade. SABE's program facilitates the acquisition of academic language in Spanish and English through immersion and teaching content in both the target language (Spanish) and English. We are a 90:10 dual immersion model. SABE is the first dual-language charter school and the first elementary-level charter school in the city of Rio Rancho.
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
• Current New Mexico Department of Education license. • Bilingual endorsement
• Efficient organizational ability;
• Professional written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
• Coordinates teaching program with school mission and charter contract objectives in mind;
• Implements approved curricula to achieve student learning at appropriate state standards and benchmarks level for each grade;
• Arranges physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning and safety of students;
• Uses and applies appropriate conflict resolution skills with students;
• Maintains positive attitude and ensures classroom environment is conducive to student learning;
• Develops goals and objectives for self, group, and student academic achievement, maintaining documentation to assure accountability;
• Provides appropriate instructional classroom activities for students;
• Maintains order in the assigned classroom;
• Maintains student records;
• Maintains appropriate communication with parents/guardians regarding students behavior and academic progress;
• Attends staff meetings and professional development activities;
• Competent technology skills;
• Demonstrates the competencies as required by Regulation Title 6, Chapter 69, Part 4.12 New Mexico Administrators Code Performance Evaluation System Requirements for Teachers.
• Adheres to Code of Ethics as outlined in 6.60.9 New Mexico Administrators Code
• Performs other job duties as assigned.