This position starts August 21, 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
The successful candidate will teach in any Dual Language Grade 3 through Grade 5 classroom in Spanish and English.
Dual Language teacher should be fluent in both English and Spanish and experience with Dual Language program is preferred. Dual Language teacher qualification preferences include ESOL, GLAD or experience with two-way Dual Language Program.
Duties include providing learning experiences for a two-way dual language classroom; contributing to new program design; working with small and large groups and individual students; creating a vibrant learning environment where all students are engaged. Cooperation with colleagues and parent volunteers is essential.
- Planning for the instructional needs of all students; Attending to the special needs of students; Teaching high expectations for student achievement and behavior;
- Implementing state and district curriculum; Providing instruction that promotes all skill development, knowledge, and reasoning;
- Using a variety of assessments to inform instruction; Creating an environment that maximizes student learning with a focus on character development;
- Developing partnerships that enhance student learning;
- Modeling and teaching respect with an awareness of diversity; Demonstrating continuous professional growth.
- Knowledge of best practices in teaching;
- Masters Degree preferred;
- Oregon teaching license in assigned area(s) and proper endorsements;
A teacher in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District joins a community of professionals who embrace the district's mission and six guiding vision themes:
How do we create learning communities for the greatest thinkers and most thoughtful people... for the world?
Six Guiding Vision Themes
- Demonstrates personal and academic excellence;
- Provides a personalized education to improve student performance;
- Establishes community partnerships and expands the classroom beyond the school;
- Creates a circle of support for each student;
- Educates the whole person-intellectually, emotionally, physically, and ethically;
- Integrates technology in daily living.
Community and District Information:
The West Linn-Wilsonville School District is nestled within two thriving cities, West Linn and Wilsonville, within the rural area of Clackamas County. Both communities have a strong legacy of support for their schools, music and arts endeavors, and the overall well-being of their patrons. The school district and surrounding communities have experienced steady, constant growth over the past three decades. The estimated student population of the District as of December 2017, is 9,873.
It is the policy of the West Linn-Wilsonville Board of Education and School District (WLWV) that no discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veterans' status, genetic information, or disability shall occur if the employee with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position. These protections apply to students, employees, and other members of the public. West Linn-Wilsonville School District is committed to equal access and equal opportunity in all activities/services, educational programs, and employment. Persons having questions regarding equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Director of Human Resources at the West Linn-Wilsonville School District, 503-673-7018.