Spanish-language teacher required for dual immersion elementary school. Valid elementary teaching credential Bilingual Authorization: Spanish authorization required
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
Teach and assess pupil performance as it relates to the Board approved content and performance standards appropriate to the learning levels of his/her pupils.
Demonstrates substantial knowledge of assigned fields of teaching and related areas.
Keeps current with instructional practices, curricular changes, and assessment techniques.
Utilizes knowledge of child growth and development to support pupil achievement.
Communicates effectively with parents and community regarding goals and objectives of the instructional program, pupil progress observed, needs or problems and special accomplishments.
Perform job duties in alignment with the California Standards for the Teaching Profession.
Foster constructive collegial relations with staff members that contribute to a positive school and district community.
Completes all organizational tasks in a timely fashion.
Performs appropriate adjunct duties.
Puts into practice and demonstrates progress towards immediate and long-range goals consistent with the district’s vision, mission, curriculum and objectives.
Effectively plans and implements lessons that are designed to reach objectives consistent with the district approved curriculum.
Prepares the necessary materials for pupils and classroom use to reach objectives consistent with the district curriculum.
Demonstrates effective two-way communication with pupils.
Employs appropriate techniques to meet individual needs and abilities of pupils.
Uses pupil assessment data to guide instruction.
Provides a learning environment which stimulates individuality and creativity to support pupil achievement.
Job Description – Teacher (continued)
Promotes pupil self-discipline and acceptance of individual and group responsibilities.
Effectively handles pupil behavior in and out of the classroom.
Promotes a healthy self-image in each pupil.
Promotes a pupil centric attitude towards education.
Demonstrates appropriate attire and grooming.
Demonstrates appropriate language and voice usage.
Demonstrates a professional and flexible attitude in meeting changing conditions.
Displays enthusiasm toward teaching.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• School Board approved curriculum, content, and effective instructional strategies.
• write and speak effectively
• provide instructional leadership and assume curriculum development responsibilities
• foster positive professional relationships and ability to work well with pupils and peers
• use technology to perform professional duties, including support for instruction, pupil
learning, monitoring and communication of pupil achievement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated evidence of effective classroom management, discipline, and direct instruction
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to plan and organize
• Possesses positive personal qualities such as flexibility, patience, and sensitivity
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Appropriate California teaching credential
• English Learner authorization
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING
Valid elementary teaching credential Bilingual Authorization: Spanish authorization required
Completed EdJoin certificated application (https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/919151)
Three recent letters of recommendation