Mt. Diablo Unified School District is seeking elementary classroom teachers with Bilingual Spanish authorizations (BCLAD) for Dual Immersion and other Bilingual Programs. MDUSD Two-Way Immersion program will provide students the opportunity to develop biliteracy in English and Spanish, master grade level core standards and develop cultural proficiency. This will enable them to excel in future academic pursuits and successfully enter a global market fully bilingual and biliterate. Mt. Diablo has the privilege and responsibility to serve students who speak more than 50 different home languages. Mt. Diablo Developmental Bilingual Programs will provide students the opportunity to develop academic language proficiency in English and Spanish, master grade level core standards and develop cultural proficiency. This will enable them to excel in future academic pursuits and success-fully enter a global market fully bilingual and biliterate.
Salary: Intially $53,339 - $82,658. MDUSD Career Increments applied when appropriate up to $98,346. Plus stipends of $1413 annually for each of the following: BCLAD, Master's Degree, Ph.D or Ed.D, and National Board Certification.
Medical, vision and dental. Employees with .50FTE or greater are eligible for Medical Benefits.
Retirement:CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement Plan)
Applications may be submitted online via Edjoin at: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1007768
Duties and Responsibilities of Classroom Teachers
Classroom Teachers shall be evaluated by the site administrator or his/her designees on the basis of how their performance conforms to the California Standards for the Teaching Profession.
Classroom Teachers assigned to multiple sites shall be evaluated by a site administrator assigned by the appropriate Assistant Superintendent or his/her designee.
Alternatively, qualified first year teachers may be evaluated by a coach from the Peer Assistance and Review Program.
The duties and responsibilities of Classroom Teachers are as follows:
- to establish, in cooperation with the principal or his/her designee (or designated by the collective bargaining agreement), goals and objectives consistent with the evaluation article of the collective bargaining agreement.
- comply with all laws and regulations of the State of California, policy and rules of the Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board of Education, and terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement, which include but are not limited to the following:
- being present on campus during contractually designated time;
- attending job-related meetings and activities;
- submitting accurate forms, reports and other required documents;
- complying with mandatory child abuse reporting laws;
- adhering to State adopted curriculum and standards.
- while on a site is responsible to the site administrator for the care, control, and instruction of the students in his/her charge.
- to report promptly to the principal (or an individual designated by the principal) any serious accident or illness affecting students.
- to respect the individuality of the children.
- to maintain conditions and practices in the classrooms which positively affect the physical and mental health of the children.
- to report promptly to the principal (or individual designated by the principal) any factors which prevent the full exercise of duties and responsibilities.
- to keep abreast of current innovative educational practices and curriculum trends so as to be in a position to participate in policy-making processes and curriculum revision.
- to enforce all rules governing the conduct of pupils as may be prescribed by the Superintendent and the Board of Education, as well as those developed cooperatively by the principal and the faculty, not in conflict with the Board of Education policy.
- to work cooperatively with employees of the District and with the community.
- provide and maintain adequate lesson plans and instructions for substitute teachers.
- to perform those non-instructional duties and responsibilities, including supervisory and advisory duties, as may be prescribed by the Board of Education.