Omaha Public Schools, located in eastern Nebraska, is currently seeking to hire knowledgeable, energetic and dedicated candidates for Dual Language teaching vacancies for the 2017-2018 school year. Our aim is to recruit, develop, motivate and retain an excellent and inclusive workforce to support the mission of the District and positively impact the lives of students. We are the largest and most diverse school district in Nebraska, serving over 52,000 students that speak 114 languages. Over 7,000 full-time employees are involved in the daily operation of our award winning district. OPS is committed to excellence in teaching through traditional and innovative approaches which is evidenced by our AA state accreditation.
Omaha is located in the heart of the Midwest. From Furtune 500 companies and nationally recognized medical institutions to beautiful parks and gardens, Olympic sporting activities and vibrant cultural events, Omaha is a city with a reputation as a great place to live, work, play and visit! Residents enjoy a wide array of recreational activies including the world-renowned Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, College World Series and fabulous venues for evening events and celebrity entertainment.
If you are passionate about education and committed to a positive impact on student learning, view our website at district.ops.org, click the tab "View Current Job Openings", click on the job of interest and apply for a position at Omaha Public Schools today!
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university.
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s)
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
- Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning
- Positively fostering students’ self-esteem
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population
- Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job related knowledge and skill development
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program and support the District’s vision, aims and goals
- Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population
*NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER