Dual Immersion Classroom Teacher – Spanish
Salary Range: $52,601.00 – $95,330.00
Dual Immersion Teacher Stipend: $2,500.00
BCLAD Stipend: $1,500.00
Master’s Degree Stipend: $1,000.00
Under the supervision of the School Principal; the Dual Immersion Teacher provides instruction and services for those pupils in the Dual Immersion classroom. Instructional delivery for students will be in Spanish 50% of the day and in English instruction for 50% of the day. Teachers will assist with the planning and development of the dual immersion program to include curriculum development and community outreach. The ideal candidate will be fluent and bi-literate in Spanish and English, have experience working in a Dual Immersion setting, as well as a high population of English language learners, and will have extensive expertise in providing differentiated instruction for high achieving and at-risk students, including targeted intervention based on ongoing data analysis. Individuals whose pedagogy is focused on arts’ integration, student driven instruction, and inquiry-based learning, are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Plans standards based lessons in all content areas including Spanish Language Arts, and deliver lessons with effective classroom management skills.
· Evaluates learning needs of students and keeps up-to-date, accurate records for both rosters of students in their target language.
· Team teaches and collaborates with grade level partner/team on instructional content, pacing, assessments and grading.
· Utilizes teaching strategies, techniques, materials, and resources that are student centered and designed for skill mastery.
· Utilizes evaluation data for the modification of instruction and curriculum.
· Keeps students, teachers, and parents informed about individual progress of students within a framework of District policy.
· Maintains school standards as defined in the District and Teachers Handbooks.
· Handles attendance reports, announcements, and other normal routines promptly and efficiently.
· Practices good housekeeping and maintains pleasant surroundings.
· Participates in other duties related to the instructional program.
· Is familiar with and supports the District’s programs and its policies and works for their improvement.
· Honors and respects privileged communication.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships and channels of communication with staff members, parents, and students.
· Participates in school activities which promote positive school-home relations; i.e., parent workshops, P.T.A, advisory committees, curriculum committees, etc.
· Seeks suitable opportunities to inform the community of educational programs and needs.
· Is responsible for all duties and criteria as stipulated in the Curriculum Handbook and Certificated Master Agreement.
· This is a single position classification. All duties assigned are considered essential.
Experience and Education:
Certification, Licenses, and Other Requirements:
· Possession of an earned Baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university
· Possession of a valid California teaching credential with elementary authorizations; BCLAD or Bilingual Authorization (Spanish)
· Valid California Driver’s License
· Principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to teaching and instruction of elementary school students.
· Educational curriculum and instructional goals and objectives, and the educational trends and research findings pertaining to the elementary age child
· Behavioral management and behavior shaping strategies, techniques and methods, and conflict resolution procedures
· Plan, organize, develop, and conduct a comprehensive teaching, instruction, and behavior management program for elementary students
· Provide effective learning experiences for students from a wide range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
· Provide an attractive, inviting, and stimulating learning environment
· Perform research and development activities pertaining to curriculum and instruction programs, pilot projects, and innovative programs designed to enhance student educational opportunities and experiences for elementary students