Middle School ELA Teacher
PURPOSE OF POSITION: RCMA Immokalee Community Academy teachers are more than instructional staff members and classroom managers. They help transform children’s lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future! We are seeking teachers who will make the commitment to teach with determination, integrity and purpose.
Past experiences and actions reflecting experiences and/or a commitment to the following are sought in teaching candidates:
- Engaging, interactive teaching style that boosts our students’ participation in and enjoyment of ELA lessons.
- A passion and ability to build and sustain our K-8, community school model in a rural environment.
- Previous work in an educational setting that demonstrates a relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement.
- Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to the communication styles and work styles of others.
- Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative.
- Belief in the power of collaboration within our campus community (i.e. colleagues, students and their families), as well as with community partners.
- Collaboration with other teachers
- Excellent computer skills. (We are proud to be a 1:1 device school.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of previous teaching experience is preferred
- Applicants must hold a valid FL Teaching Certificate, or be eligible for a FL Teaching Certificate.
- A Teaching Certificate with the ESOL Endorsement and/or a Reading Endorsement is preferred, but not required.
- Applicants who are bilingual (English/Spanish) are highly encouraged to apply for openings that are to teach in English. For positions that are to teach in Spanish, the candidate must be fluent in Spanish as well as be proficient in English, in both oral and written communication.