Principal, Twin Oaks Elementary School
Website San Marcos Unified School District
ABOUT TWIN OAKS ELEMENTARY
Built in 1998, Twin Oaks Elementary school is located in the beautiful Twin Oaks Valley of San Marcos in north San Diego County. It is the only school in the district that implements an English and Spanish Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program. With a focus on the three pillars of dual language education: high academic achievement, bilingualism/biliteracy, and sociocultural competence, our students begin their journey to earning the State Seal of Biliteracy [California Education Code (EC) Section 51461].
Our students receive 50% of their instruction in English and 50% of their instruction in Spanish as they develop their abilities and skills in the three pillars. Our positive school culture is strengthened through the teaching of Social Justice Standards: identity, diversity, justice, and action. In addition, our Multi-Tiered System of Supports focus on meeting the needs of our students both academically and socio-emotionally.
The Twin Oaks Elementary staff is qualified, dedicated, and passionate about teaching and learning. Students’ needs are of the utmost importance and every child is treated with respect. We provide a challenging and rigorous curriculum with targeted instruction and enrichment every day. We continue to expand our DLI Program, and by the 2024-2025 school year, it will include all students school-wide.
Candidates must demonstrate a track record of success in the following areas:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of management principles and practices, including organization, supervision, and training
- Knowledge of and ability related to Effective School Leadership
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and how it relates to staff, students, and the public
- Knowledge of laws, policies and regulations relating to school administration
- Ability to supervise and evaluate via the Clinical Supervision Model
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, parents and the public contacted in performance of duties
- Ability to speak and write effectively
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of the District’s instructional program
- Responsible for the implementation of the school site’s Dual Immersion Program
- Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of all certificated and classified personnel assigned to the site
- Responsible for the organization structure within the school and for determining community school needs as they relate to the instructional program
- Responsible for coordination of all ancillary services within the school
- Provide the necessary equipment and materials and maintain an attractive facility conducive to teaching and learning
- Develop sound interpersonal relationships among the students, teachers and the administration
- Communicate the school and district goals, procedures and objectives to the community
- Involve staff, students, parents and community in decision-making process and the establishment of school goals
- Provide leadership and guidance in adjusting the school’s program and procedures to the requirements of the individual student’s need
- Professional attitude, responsibility and participation
- Further professional growth through continuing education and attending workshops and conferences
- Keep abreast of educational trends and curriculum development
- Participate in professional organizations or associations
- Abide by the Code of Ethics of the district and professional organizations.
- California Administrative Services Credential
- Three years of successful teaching experience
- Two years of successful school administrative experience
Salary placement based on experience. A $3,612 stipend will be granted for an earned Doctorate.