Nominate Teacher of the Month
Three years ago, wanting to honor the many teachers who dedicate their lives to students, DualLanguageSchools.org created the Dual Language Teacher of the Month award. Since then, teachers from all over the country have been nominated for their innovative teaching strategies, passion for their students, and a strong belief in the value of biliteracy.
How is the “Teacher of the Month” chosen?
Dual Language Teacher of the Month is an honor to recognize outstanding dual language educators who make a difference in the lives of students, family and community. The deadline to submit the 2021 Dual Language Teacher of the Month is December 15, 2020.
The nomination is opened to all educators who work in the dual language classroom. The criteria to select Dual Language Teacher of the Month is based on the following:
- Contributions to dual language education community
- Dedication to students and students’ achievement
- Promotion to develop students’ social cultural competence
- Inspiration to other dual language educators
- Innovative classroom techniques
The submission will be reviewed by a panel form by previous Dual Language Teacher of the Month. The panel reviews the nominations and selects the dual language teachers to be honored. Although many teachers are deserving of this honor, the panel selects the teachers who inspire them and motivate them in their field, given their background and knowledge of dual language themselves.
- Why should you nominate?
- It is important to nominate dual language teachers to honor the teachers who make a difference in the future of a bilingual America. Not only are these teachers changing their students lives, but they are showing the importance of being bilingual by helping students to be more accepting, culturally aware, and setting them up with vast lifetime opportunities. Furthermore, by honoring teachers, we inspire younger generations to become teachers, and help the biliteracy movement to grow. #DualLanguageRocks